تاریخ عضویت
    Feb 2010
    محل سکونت
    پشت دریاها
    نگارشها

Nightside11:A Hard Day's Knight

A Hard Day's Knight

From Publishers Weekly
    Private investigator John Taylor returns in the 12th novel (after 2010's The Good, the Bad, and the Uncanny) of the Nightside, "the dark, secret, brooding heart of London." Having killed the former Walker, the voice of the Authorities, Taylor's now the closet thing the Nightside has to a leader. When the sword Excalibur shows up in the mail, he must return to London Proper to consult with the descendants of the Knights of the Round Table. The blood runs red (and golden) as he teams up with King Arthur and tangles with Merlin, elven royalty, traitor knights, sons of the devil, the Lady of the Lake, and various creatively named denizens of the Nightside. Taylor's irrepressible sarcasm and a twisted take on quotidian scenes compensate for a few too many solemn, self-important pronouncements and evil-overlord lectures
    From Booklist
    This is Green’s most recent novel of the Nightside, a hidden part of London populated by creatures who never see the light of day. John Taylor is a Nightside PI who specializes in finding things. But something has just found him: Excalibur, the sword of King Arthur himself. Since the sword is practically sentient and turns up only when there’s a big job to be done, what does it want with Taylor? Taylor and Shotgun Suzie, his comrade-in–arms, hardly have time to find out between disarming suicide bombers and trying to keep some order on the Nightside (John killed the previous boss with that responsibility). With plenty of action packed in from London to Glastonbury, fun characters, and outrageous villains, A Hard Day’s Knight should definitely please fantasy action fans. --Frieda Murray

Product Details
    Hardcover: 304 pages
    Publisher: Ace Hardcover (January 4, 2011)
    Language: English
    ISBN-10: 9780441019700
    ISBN-13: 978-0441019700
    ASIN: 0441019706
    Product Dimensions: 7.9 x 5.5 x 1.3 inches

i cant believe it has been like 3 month since this book is out
    usually i read it 5 hours after it is published
    hm mm
    well whats done is done
    whoa!304 pages thats like a lot for a nightside book

have fun reading
    i dont care what amazon says it is book eleven
    so the hell with publisher weekly
    ویرایش توسط Madman : 02-22-2012 در ساعت 06:44 PM

2. 4 كاربر برای این ارسال مفيد سپاسگزاری كرده اند :

همکار بازنشسته بخش کتاب و کتابخوانی binke آواتار ها
    تاریخ عضویت
    Feb 2010
    محل سکونت
    پشت دریاها
    نگارشها

پاسخ : Nightside11:A Hard Day's Knight

اینم نقد بنده:دی

haa
    well im done
    and that thing about 350 pages that was in lit format so it was no longer than any other nightside novel
    however i genuinely liked this installment it had everything you would expect of a nightside novel
    i do confess that the series have experienced up and down specially after book 6 the lilith war but as i stated before
    this one will not disappoint you
    suzie and john are back and as you may have guessed from hints in previous book and ambiguous and double edged title
    simon r green has managed to successfully yet again intervene nightside with legends new characters and colorful stories we are so familiar with
    greens dry humor and sarcastic remarks that so define many character and nightside novels is there to enjoy
    i can not say i dont miss some old characters and the remarkable plot that so amazingly left us speechless at the end 6th installment but i believe green is perhaps plotting
    a very interesting ending for series and this book just might be the start of it
    enough compliment on my side i think i need to start pointing what bothered me about this book
    well to many happy endings and last part about Suzie shooter and john well
    it just does not suit well
    and john did not have a dirty trick up his sleeve this time everything went way too smooth for my liking
    but as i said i hope this book was a good beginning for a glorious end
    one i hope that will come about with johns death
    what i can say i so dont like happy endings

4. 2 كاربر برای این ارسال مفيد سپاسگزاری كرده اند :

علاقه مندی ها (Bookmarks)

علاقه مندی ها (Bookmarks)

قوانین ارسال

• شما نمیتوانید موضوع جدیدی ارسال کنید
  • شما امکان ارسال پاسخ را ندارید
  • شما نمیتوانید فایل پیوست در پست خود ضمیمه کنید
  • شما نمیتوانید پست های خود را ویرایش کنید
  •